EGL 0.71% 35.0¢ environmental group limited (the)

Ann: EGL Water PFAS progress update, page-5

1. 4,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1830
    For those that may not have followed it I refer to the PFAS problem (and solution) for Katherine, NT reported in April 2022 - I just copy the first part of the relevant article. NOTE This is an American design - I have no doubt a simple low capex and low opex solution from EGL will be a serious contender for future installations:

Katherine's PFAS water treatment plant finally ready for action — but more will follow, experts warn
    ABC Katherine / By Roxanne FitzgeraldPosted Tue 19 Apr 2022 at 3:55amTuesday 19 Apr 2022 at 3:55am, updated Tue 19 Apr 2022 at 6:30amTuesday 19 Apr 2022 at 6:30am

Power and Water's Liam Early says Katherine's water treatment plant is the largest of its kind in Australia.
    In a small remote town in the outback, a multi-million-dollar mega facility shipped in from America will soon turn potentially toxic drinking water into some of the cleanest in Australia.
    Key points:US activist Erin Brockovich says PFAS contamination in her country is shaping up as a historic issue
    After major delays, Katherine's $24-million facility will be switched on in the middle of the year
    Experts say more treatment plants will be needed to clean up PFAS contaminated water across Australia
    It is the largest to be built so far and one of the first, but experts and activists say many more will be needed as Australia begins to deal with PFAS contamination.
    A few years ago, residents of Katherine received the alarming news that the water they had been using was contaminated by a group of human-made chemicals known as PFAS, which some experts say are linked to cancers and other serious health concerns.

Between 1988 and 2004, during firefighting training at the Tindal RAAF Base, PFAS leached into the Katherine River and spread kilometres through the highly connected aquifer below.The government advised against eating fish caught from the river, the local swimming pool was closed, bore-reliant properties surrounding the base were delivered bottled water by Defence and residents lined up for blood tests.
    A major study on the health effects of PFAS and a landmark class action were launched and an interim water treatment plant was brought in, but its size left many in fear the clean water would run out.Liam Early says the plant will be open for business in the second half of the year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.