SEQ 0.00% 46.5¢ sequoia financial group ltd

Ann: EGM 4 June - Response to Letter from Jones & Glennon, page-2

1. 5,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    Well I always love replies that don't actually give the accurate numbers in response to allegations of inaccuracy:

Firstly its amazing how selective we can be: We point out again how well we have done for the past 5 years but then in addressing the share trading / Investment losses we suddenly use 6 years - guess why. - because in 2018 we made a profit of $479866. I must say I am disappointed that management would have been this selective. If you start at 2018 the profit after tax was $2369718 and 2023 (excluding Abnormal items) - this was in fact a loss of $766374 - This is straight from page 47 of the 2023 AFS. The presentation - well I cannot reconcile the presentation as it refers to $4.1 million whereas I can only see 2 one is impairment of intangible assets $1.67 million and consideration for business acquired of $1.494 million. I have never heard of the second one. So I have no idea how you can call this growth.

I suppose I have to admit my own failing and its that I could not have done a great job in my assessment given all this gaps in reconciling the results.

So the losses on shares: Firstly now that 2018 was good then they include them however add up the table. They still lost $188,976 since 2018 to 1 May 2024. This loss despite the fact that the all share increased over the same period by 24.8%. So this is the quality of the investment committee - I wonder who constitutes the investment committee.

"The share portfolio pre-dates SEQ’s ownership of Interprac." - So what is this meant to mean that Interprac ran this before and thus the SEQ board doesn't take responsibility or are they saying that this is an interprac problem - I just don't understand the relevance of saying this. This is a very important letter so every sentence would be relevant...Now this portfolio is in orderly winddown. Why? and if it is it has been performing badly at a level you would have expected management and the board to have focused upon it a lot earlier. - This is just my opinion. I certainly missed this but I didn't have access to the records...

"There are appropriate controls around trading of the portfolio and any acquisitions require Board approval." - In light of this the board is totally responsible for all the share trading/ investments. Given the performance its not something I would highlight as positive to the defense team??? Maybe I am not understanding what they are saying - anyone have any ideas.

The advisors - Wow I really don't have any idea what to conclude - there are advisors not registered or are general advisors and 24 are studying. Really this is as clear as mud. Maybe this is reflective of the industry but I have no idea how to measure the actual growth or decline in numbers and isn't there another better set of numbers - I am sure that Netwealth ( although not directly comparable) would not be having this issue. I have an investment in FID and I have never felt that I could not understand the performance.

I cannot see how after spending $26 million after having delivered $2.6 million after tax 2018 then I would have expected a 15% return so around 10% after tax - that would mean almost doubling to $5.2 million... I don't see this as an accurate refection of performance - The company raises new areas in presentations and then they disappear.

I just don't understand how it's so hard to give an easy reflection of the company's performance.

As regards when and how many shares were accumulated - its irrelevant. The fact is that GC1 has owned shares in number since 2018 - they are a LIC and will buy and sell all the time. I think MG deserves credit for selling a lot at some point - I sold all of ours.

Why am I doing this ? Simply put I have to do a better job in my research and not just accept nice looking presentations - In fact if I was in some power I would require Auditors to review the annual presentation and confirm its accuracy.

These are all my own personal views and opinions - I do not have access to the books and records so have to rely on the data both sides have put out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.0¢ 47.0¢ 45.8¢ $330.0K 716.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49999 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 17818 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SEQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.