ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,189 Posts.
    re: Ann: Electricity Development Project Pre ... Yep, have to agree about technical assistance being the key..and AOE would provide that..plus the shell connection with 10% of the international business is perhaps relevant.
    They would at least know the jurisdictions and energy markets.

that said I am not ruling out Total, filling the environment section on the website might not be that far fetched. Total have the 2nd highest R and D spend of all the oil majors (USD 900 million p.a)and are spending a truckload to trial a small Co2 sequestration plant at a refinery in Sth West France. But this will only bury a puny 150 000 tonnes of Co2 so there is a huge amt of scope for them to find other methods of getting rid of their co2. Total have a problem with their carbon footprint being into oil sands in a big way. One way they could at least offset their European refinery emissions is get being EPG on a system for CO2 enhanced methane recovery. EPG are I think investigating this technique. Studies have shown it is plausible in Europe..something about the injected Co2 displacing methane and binding chemically into the coal pores as long as the depth and pressures are sufficient. For total the cost of capture and injection could perhaps be offset by the gas providing some return..

But this is probably a million to one shot and really only goes to show how the imagination can run when you are buckled in and hoping for a small miracle!

Anyway

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.