GIB 6.52% 4.3¢ gibb river diamonds limited

That reminds me of 1965 when I flew over the ditch in a turbo...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    That reminds me of 1965 when I flew over the ditch in a turbo prop Electra to Melbourne (spent some time standing up at the exit looking through the small window in the door and smoking duty free cigarettes). I picked up in Melbourne a portable long and short wave length UV Lamp to use for Scheelite on our mineral claim at Macreas in Otago.
    The Otago Rock and Mineral Club had just been formed and they gave a few talks at different Ladies groups. I was roped in to demonstrate the UV light on minerals, certain dyes on fabrics etc
    The girls Diamond rings were also viewed, They showed odd colours yellow through to orange or nothing. The shade was not consistent in individual rings and mainly showed up in the small diamond s in a cluster.
    When asked, I said that they must have been from different localities or were not Diamonds. I knew nothing about Diamonds and don't know how many arguments I caused.
    The story is in those days that if Diamonds were to be found in NZ, it would be around Kakanui on the coast south of Oamaru as there was a Kimberlite type of material found there. .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GIB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.003(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $9.095M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.6¢ 4.2¢ $3.539K 82.36K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 110000 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 35000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GIB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.