EMD 2.22% 4.6¢ emyria limited

Ann: Emyria Recruits First Patient MDMA-Assisted Therapy Trial, page-4

1. 2,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 566
    You should ask on the investor hub, they are very receptive to questions.

https://investorhub.emyria.com/auth/signin

Here is an answer related to your question.

biotech_investor

Shareholder

15:04PM 06/07/2023

Hi Michael and team,

Exciting times ahead!

I have a few questions:

1. Can you say anything about the current profitability of the Pax centre or future plans for profitability?

2. If the upfront cost for MDMA therapy is ~$25,000, how much will it cost Emyria to deliver this treatment once it is up and running?

3. When do you expect to be able to approach payers with data to make the case that they should fund MDMA therapy at the Pax centre?

Thanks for all your hard work!

1 upvotes

Answered on 06/07/2023

Hide answer

asx:emd Logo

Emyria

ASX:EMD

Great questions and thanks for your interest!

1. While we can't disclose specific details, I can say the Pax Centre is currently profitable with a growing revenue base and that the centre has chosen to reinvest its profits to support growth. We expect the integration will deepen and broaden the clinical services we can offer - both more of the "same" and new care programs (including psychedelic-assisted therapy). In turn, we belive this will help us attract additional clinicians to our clinics, increase patient referrals and increase our baseline revenues substantially.
    2. The cost to deliver MDMA therapy is largely a product of the level of therapist involvement. While the current cost of these therapies may seem daunting, we're actively pursuing several avenues to make these treatments more affordable and accessible. The cited figure of $25,000 encompasses comprehensive, high-quality care involving multiple preparatory and integration sessions, and therapist's time during the dosing day, which can be up to 8 hours. The cost is inclusive of an industry standard 20-25% adminstration fee to cover the clinic's costs. However, as we gather more Real-World Data and measure outcomes and costs benefits, we think we can refine our processes and package a more comprehensive care program to payers which we hope will make these treatments more affordable for patients and sustainable for us. Our priority is not to rush patients into expensive treatments, but to ensure they receive the appropriate care, based on their individual needs and circumstances.
    3. Our outreach to payers has started! We believe the robust Real-World Data we can gather immediately will help us approach payers. I think they are all very interested in where these treatments might sit within care but I expect their threshold for being convinced to pay will be high. Other reason why, more data = higher chance of success.

Agreed exciting times!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $18.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.5¢ $4.93K 107.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26500 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 6875 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.