CTV 0.00% 0.8¢ colortv limited

Interesting to read these 'accounts'. Normalised EBITDA includes...

1. 1,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Interesting to read these 'accounts'. Normalised EBITDA includes an 'impairment' 0f $1.2m on technology, but then states it is more like amortisation over time? Which is it? If amortisation then I would not consider the a valid normalisation ( amortisation is a normal expense in this context) but if an impairment then it is a valid normalisation ( but infers that the tech carrying value is not supported by future cashflow- a problem in itself.

Then the AP normalisation - also strange and whilst I agree that it is better that this was booked and then written back to profit - the commentary states that a significant amount relates to 2014 - so once again a one off gain that will be booked in future but to account for it all in 2018 normalisations is a bit off the mark - underlying 2018 results should not get this benefit

I would therefore suggest that on a normalised basis on what is attributable to one off, abnormal or adjustments, then normalised EBITDA for H1 2018 is still negative - likely in the range of ($1-2m) depending on any clarifications to my assumptions.

Whilst the announcements are 'positive' there seems a lack of financial nuance that the market is clearly not buying at the moment.

If revenues of $18m can be hit ( it says 'probably') then we may see a re rAte, but the story is far from convincingly articulated at the moment.

A turning point in sentiment and a solid result would be the mother of all buys imo. Just don't jump the gun in case the market really has this right......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.