CTV 0.00% 0.8¢ colortv limited

Ann: EN1 Welcomes Industry Leading Ad Serving Platform, Smart, page-12

1. 7,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1989
    Not financial advice but if you bought in at 5c with say 10k (ease of maths).

5c @ $10,000 would be 200,000 shares

200,000 shares sold at 0.4c (current support) = $800 which is a $9,200 loss.

Off set this against your tax at say 30% (could be more or less) = $2,760 which you could combine with the original $800 left over $3,560.

Which if you bought in at 0.5c (current resistance) would be 712,000 shares or 3.5x the current holding for this bit of admin.

However if it went to 5c within a year the 712k shares would be worth $35,600 and if you sold all without any CGT discount it would likely be around $32,040 before tax so assuming a 50% tax rate (taking a worse situation) that would be $16,020 profit after tax compared to just breaking even.

Go seek financial advice as this is just my understanding and might not be suited to your current situation.

Risk would be that if you waited until you got the tax refund the SP might increase or decrease and you would also lose the CGT discount that you would be eligible so you would need to hold for another year to get the CGT discount or just pay the CGT. Further there is no guarantee that the SP will get to 5c within a year (or longer) however if you are holding out for 5c in a way to me it seems better to sell and rebuy with the losses as it would increase your holding so would either reduce the amount of time you needed to break even or if you waited until 5c you would be in profit situation.

IMO DYOR and like I have said go seek independent financial advice as I am not licenced but this is my understanding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.