CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2512
    re: Ann: Encouraging Gas Flow Recorded at Mt ... haasko,

You can run some logs in air-drilled holes, in fact I think you can run most of them - gamma, caliper, density, neutron, induction resistivity. You can't run laterolog or SP. In the past that would have been a massive drawback because they were your two most important tools for spotting hydrocarbon zones, but now the combination of neutron, density and induction res would cover for it, so I think they could, theoretically at least, run a decent set of logs in an air-drilled hole.

Whether they did or not is another matter. I'm not sure whether you can run image logs in air drilled holes, possibly not, and I imagine they will want to run one.

The problem is that if they mudded up for logging, they would have damaged the reservoir, which means when they go back after logging to flow test, they're not testing undamaged reservoir.

Re: inflatable packer while drilling, I am not 100% sure on this, but I don't see how this could work. The drill stem is full of drilling mud while drilling. For a DST, the drill stem needs to be full of air, doesn't it? That's why they pull out to run DSTs.

All in all, it may be possible to read other scenarios into the announcement that do not involve air drilling and air flow-testing and are hypothetically possible, but it really seems like a stretch to me.

It's overwhelmingly likely that if they mentioned air drilling and then mention four "flow tests" taken while drilling, that they drilled the whole section on air. If they mudded up for logging, this would have been done after reaching TD, but I suspect they would try to avoid this because they would want to go back and test specific zones after logging.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.