SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

I'm no TA guru, and I think bottoms are only generally possible...

1. 5,462 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2162
    I'm no TA guru, and I think bottoms are only generally possible to see in hindsight, but unless WTI totally tumbles I am thinking we've seen the bottom. Admittedly I think I said the same thing several months ago before we'd been anywhere near the teens, but for similar reasons I didn't think we'd see the teens at all I don't think we're going to drop below the mid teens.

SEA hasn't been cashflow positive for quite some years and I'm thinking a lot of the market really doesn't believe it's going to happen. I was talking to someone on another forum who was posting at some length about SEA, he'd obviously followed the company for years and spent a lot of time analysing it, but seemed to genuinely not believe they had any realistic hope of becoming FCF positive in the foreseeable future without WTI over $65, and he utterly disbelieved they could do it at current oil prices and thought I was an idiot to suggest they could. I wonder how many people are like that, and if there are many, the 'we're FCF positive' announcement' should really be a big one. Since that's getting close, we're likely to see the price creep up from here.

You did ask for a TA take on things, sorry! As I said I'm not TA guru but I think purely from a TA point of view it's impossible to say we've seen the bottom, although I don't see anything to suggest a further drop is inevitable. It's certainly an ugly chart but assuming some fundamental value does exist, every downward trend must eventually reverse if it drops below fair value. We do seem to be pretty clearly in oversold/undervalued territory and we are currently seeing what looks likely to be a reversal.

I don't think a purely TA approach is valid in this case though; if Trump tweets that he hates China and is going to ruthlessly win the trade war at all costs, WTI will crash and we may zee new lows. Of course, if he tweets that he's angry at Iran WTI will rize and SEA should follow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.