CYP 1.89% 27.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

Yes, a note but no movie. I liked the link you posted yesterday...

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Yes, a note but no movie.

I liked the link you posted yesterday though. For some possible hints into what Ross the Mac is thinking and into.

@pfeifer1982 Have you read the patents and/or science papers re derivation of MSCs via MCAs (mesenchymoangioblasts) ?

I did (a month or more ago) and thought I understood it but have since forgotten some of it again. I'd like to have a reasonable handle on it because I want to understand how robust the patents are and to what extent competitors might substitute steps and work around them if at all.

I did a bit of cell culture at uni - even grew some mouse embryoid bodies from mouse embryonic stem cells.

I think (from memory) the MCAs are from a single donor (a single donor produced the iPSC line) and that colonies of MCA's are formed in culture, then some of those are collected and stored in liquid nitrogen for future use such that with passaging a few MCA's from the colonies can themselves form entire colonies and from those are ultimately produced the large numbers of MSCs.

I think the replicative senescence (Hayflick limit?) is contained by only needing a small number of MCAs out of nitrogen storage to produce large numbers of cells still MCAs but in colonies - of course the cells in storage aren't replicating and the MCA's possibly have telomerase. I don't know if MCAs are themselves subject to a hayflick limit.

If you've read the papers I'd like to tease out a slightly more detailed explanation of the relationship between mesenchymoangioblasts (and colonies) and the MSCs that patients would ultimately get.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.