E88 0.00% 65.0¢ ensogo limited

The change in strategy was badly announced (pretty sure this was...

1. 202 Posts.
    The change in strategy was badly announced (pretty sure this was the first mention of it?). IMO, this means Ensogo is either abandoning or diversifying away from its 'flash sales' type roots to be a more general e-commerce platform. This will mean more 'own brand' type products for sale as new, no-name vendors seek to sell their products on Ensogo. Hopefully the partnership with Vipshop means opening up the platform to more buyers doesn't distract from the flash sale type premium products that can be offered, as there are a million e-commerce sites in the world, but building the flash-sales type product range is

What does this mean in practise?  Hopefully a user will have larger number of products to browse and purchase, some of which resemble the kinds of deals available on sites like wish.com ("70% off this no-name brand's dubious RRP!!") while there will still be a core range of premium, branded products being liquidated at any given time ("50% off this pair of Levis Jeans - only 1000 available"). If the Ensogo platform maintains its flash-sales type approach and complements its range with an assortment of crappy products supplied by new vendors - which are specifically aimed at individual consumers (again - imagine wish.com type products) it will be able to increase revenues and continue to build a decent position for itself.

I'm beginning to see the bigger picture here - think wish.com and catchoftheday on one platform.  They've opened the platform up so that there is now a greater range of products for consumers to purchase once they acquire a customer. Now they need to ramp up the amount of consumers using the site to take advantage of what they've built.  They still have $27 million to throw at customer acquisition - which will be more worthwhile now that the product range has increased, leading to more sales per consumer and that consumer using the platform for longer.

Will it work?  I'm not very confident, but lots of shares are getting snapped up at $2.00.  The buying has actually been impressive, I thought this would be smashing new lows since the Quarterly but instead someone looks willing to buy anything available at $2. I thought this would be trading at all-time lows a few days ago but now a run looks possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add E88 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.