3DP 1.52% 6.7¢ pointerra limited

Having been on the purchasing side of these contracts with SaaS...

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    Having been on the purchasing side of these contracts with SaaS vendors, here's how I see it working:

- the service is charged $/use, the more you use the more you pay. The service provider likes this model as their costs track perfectly to the revenue
    - the service client can estimate how much they think they'll use the service, but a "pay per use" is ultimately foreign to an IT industry which is used to the "buy a product for a fixed price and use as much as we want/can".
    - even if the client's technology and management groups can come to grips with this (not easy), the client's finance team definitely can't. They need a budget for the SaaS, and everyone pretends budgets are real, so the estimated use ends up being thought of or presented as the real number.
    - similarly, the sales guy wants to put a number in the sales contract. It is technically meaningless - there's no lock in or guaranteed spend - but it is important for (a) the client to set a budget, (b) the sales guy's commission, and (c) the SaaS provider reporting ACV (!)

So the ACV numbers are just guesses of what a client will spend. They may be "commitments" (or not?), but that depends on what we mean by commitment. I would be highly surprised if they stipulate that the sum is non-refundable or -cancellable. SaaS ultimately depends on flexibility both ways - you can get out easily, but you can also spend more than you expect quite easily.

The ACV numbers are thus an indicator of future invoices but not a particularly reliable indicator. Given we see and expect good organic growth (i.e. big increases aren't exclusive to new contacts), *and* we don't really know how ACV is calculated (if i spend over my contracted amount does that impact ACV? what if I spend under contacted amount?), I'm going to be looking at invoiced amounts instead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.001(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $53.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.8¢ 6.6¢ $19.17K 283.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11393 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 108975 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.25pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.