ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    Sometimes i think to myself, if this is such a great company why is not everyone jumping over each other to get a stake. I think it is human nature and below are just a few examples. Wonder what the last example will look like in 2026.

In early 2005, MySpace was interested in acquiring Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg asked for $75 million. MySpace felt the price was too high. It’s now worth more than $350 billion.

Jamie Siminoff pitched Shark Tank, back in 2013. He wanted $700,000, which would’ve valued the business at $7 million. There was no deal. Amazon bought Ring for $1 billion in 2018.

In 2008, Airbnb’s founders wanted to raise startup capital. They were seeking $150,000 in exchange for 10% of Airbnb. They emailed 7 prominent investors. 5 of them sent back rejections. The other 2 didn’t respond. Today, a 10% stake in Airbnb is worth more than $7 billion.

In 2012, Canva founder Melanie Perkins was rejected by investors more than 100 times. “Most people said they weren’t quite ready,” she said. “Each of these rejections hurt a lot.” She waited 3 more years for the first investment. Canva is now worth more than $25 billion.

In 2024 Cardiex market cap 25 million asked the market for 10 million through a Nasdaq listing. This was rejected as the timing was not right for investors. Directors and a few loyal shareholders raised funds at 8 cents.
    2025 after Pulse gaining market share $50,000 investment at 8 cents is now worth #1 million dollars.
    Last edited by TraderP: 30/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.