RFX 1.14% 8.9¢ redflow limited

Ann: Entitlement Offer - Extension of Closing Date, page-26

1. sjl
    1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 321
    A consolidation doesn't automagically grant you a lower cost base on your shares.

If I buy 10,000 shares at $1/share, and those shares are consolidated 10 to 1, I now hold 1,000 shares. My effective cost base for those shares is $10/share: I spent $10,000 to acquire them, which, divided by the 1000 shares I now hold equals $10/share.

If those consolidated shares then fall to $2/share, I haven't made $1000. I've actually lost $8,000 (on paper).

I would recommend you go back to the contract notes that you should have been issued when you bought the various shares on market, as well as the documentation from all the SPPs you've participated in (you did keep that documentation, right? You're going to need it to calculate your capital gains/losses when you sell) and sum up all the money you've spent buying the shares you currently hold. Then take off the money you had returned to you when you sold any parcel of the shares. That's your cost base for the purpose of calculating how far ahead or behind you are. Divide that amount by the number of shares you hold to get the average buy-in price per share for your holding, with a deduction for any parcels you've bought or sold.

Please understand that this method is not valid for calculating official capital gains or losses and reporting them to the ATO. It simply gives you a figure that will tell you where your break-even point is for a given company, ignoring any taxes that might have been due for prior sales.

Unless you were lucky enough to buy and sell early in 2016 or 2021, I'm willing to bet a decent sum of money that you're behind on this company, especially if you've held for any significant period of time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.001(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $23.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.9¢ 9.3¢ 8.8¢ $11.41K 128.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 453 8.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 24154 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.