LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

Ann: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Submitted, page-59

1. 2,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1670
    Mick

I am speculating here, but I have always felt the delay in the EIA finalisation was a result of the CEOL resolution discussions that took place between MSB and the Chilean Mines Ministry between March and June 2018. The 9 July 2018 announcement about resolution of the Litio CEOL dispute, contained the wording about MSB working closely with the Chilean Government on development of the Maricunga salar.

I strongly believe that our EIA work contains analysis which will not only benefit MSB but a potential future JV of some type with Codelco. The news article Mick found contained this wording:

Regarding this point, García-Huidobro points out that they have developed a hydrogeological model that will allow sustainable development with the other mining companies, among them, Codelco.

I believe that LPI will end up JVing with Codelco in either of two ways:
    1. As a holder of 51% of the Maricunga project and Codelco the remaining 49% - obviously this would require a 49% buy-out of MSB and BRZ.
    2. As a LPI/MSB/BRZ JV with Codelco augmenting the first Maricunga project or as partners in a separate lithium brine development project - increasing collective BG LCE output to 40k a year.

There is no doubt that the MSB EIA would contain hydrogeological modelling for a range of BG LCE production outcomes, all of which would cater for additional production involving Codelco. Interesting times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.