EOS 2.08% $1.47 electro optic systems holdings limited

I hold shares and believe in the future but it still worries me...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 44 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I hold shares and believe in the future but it still worries me that some of the technology will not work if its raining.

"You can keep your football sized beam, trained on a football sized dish in space, 5,000 kilometres away, from a moving platform on the earth? That’s amazing!Look, it is fabulous. I have to quickly mention the downside. The downside is that our technology and optical comms doesn’t work when it’s raining, so there are lots of applications where you can’t use it. You wouldn’t use it for distributing videos to homes.Well, there’s no problem with rain in Australia at the moment![Laughs] Touché! We’ve identified that there is a transitional market for the next 10 years which should be many billions of dollars, which should be what we call hybrid systems. That will mean microwave comms hybridised with optical comms for carrying big loads and for carrying high burst rate/high demand comms, particularly for some of our strategic customers. That’s by way of explaining the announcement we made on Tuesday which was the acquisition of EM Solutions, a fantastic little Australian company in Brisbane that is probably the world leader in on the move microwave comms. Put the two companies together and you can do both, every element of future space communications."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.