EQR 3.92% 4.9¢ eq resources limited

I hope EQR have done adequate due diligence and renegotiated the...

1. 2,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I hope EQR have done adequate due diligence and renegotiated the debt financing terms. Sounds like Ormonde had a lot of difficulty with the mine with lower than expected production initially.

Hopefully, Kevin and his team can replicate EQR’s success in Spain and have a plan B in place in case they are not.

• 8 Jan, 2020

Ormonde's shares tank on planned exit from Spanish tungsten mine

Shares in Ormonde Mining PLC plummeted 76% on Jan. 8 in midafternoon London trade after the company announced plans to exit the Barruecopardo tungsten mine in Spain.
    The company said it agreed to sell its 30% stake in Barruecopardo to Oaktree Capital Management LP, which already owns 70% of the mine, for €6 million.
    Ormonde flagged the mine's low initial ore grades that resulted in lower-than-expected production and the joint venture's increased debt levels, totaling €58.8 million as of Nov. 30, 2019.
    The company also flagged a forecast cash shortfall in the mine's 2020 budget during the first quarter and the need for an additional €12 million to €15 million in funds to keep the mine running amid weak tungsten prices.
    Ormonde needs the approval of shareholders at a Feb. 12 meeting for the deal to proceed. The company's board unanimously recommended that shareholders vote in favor of the planned sale.
    Ormonde said that if the proposed disposal falls through, mine operator Saloro SLU may default on debt financing by Oaktree under a 2015 agreement. This means that the security given by Ormonde over its shares in the joint venture may be enforced.
    Ormonde's board believes that in such an event, shareholders are unlikely to retain any value from the property.
    https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $91.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $77.39K 1.543M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 620100 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 30360 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.06pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.9¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.1¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ 206758
Last updated 15.06pm 03/05/2024 ?
EQR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.