WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

If you think it's creative accounting write to the IASB and get...

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    If you think it's creative accounting write to the IASB and get them to change the rules. Something like this is also entirely different to QIN - in that case the item being valued was a level 3 FV with no quoted market price, the assumptions open to significant judgement and estimation uncertainty, with no real confirmation for several years. Also a very different business model allowing the continued requirement for investing cash flows to be attacked for many reasons.. In this case IAS 28 requires gain/loss in P&L on loss of significant influence and moving to FV under IAS 39. FV is a level 1 with direct reference to quoted price.... don't like the fact they had to recognise a gain, again, take it up with the standard setters. Anyone worthy of reading their accounts would also have know the listed value of this investment and been able to make their own assessment as they can by removing it from their assessment of earnings. I'm not an upramper but you lot sound like down rampers... longer term view on nickel price and resource conversion are the key things here me thinks... how's your crystal ball?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.