CAY 3.03% 6.4¢ canyon resources limited

No. ESIA has never been my concern at all. Actually, ESIA may or...

1. 2,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198

No. ESIA has never been my concern at all. Actually, ESIA may or may not have been submitted as management does not always report to the market of things it does. What I am really interested in is this Specifications Agreement it signed up with Cameroon on 17 May 2021.

Canyon's notice said "Canyon has executed an agreement with the State of Cameroon titled a Cahier de Charges, orSpecifications Agreement (“Agreement”), which will help facilitate the negotiation of a MiningConvention........The specifications within the Agreement will remain in force until the signing of a MiningConvention, with some stability clauses from the Agreement continuing throughout the miningphase.....The Agreement provides certainty of Canyon’s position during the phase of negotiating theMining Convention.....A commitment by Canyon to present one or more technical and financial partners to the Stateof Cameroon prior to the execution of the Mining Convention....."

My interpretation is: Cameroon will not issue a Mining Convention to Canyon UNLESS Canyon is able to present one or more technical and financial partners to Cameroon. But naturally, potential technical and financial partners will need assurance of the terms and conditions for their investment before they are committed. These terms and conditions should be listed in the Mining Convention but Cameroon will not issue a Mining Convention until these technical and financial partners are committed to their investment. This is why a Specification Agreement signed by Canyon and Cameroon is needed and this is why Canyon's notice said the Specifications Agreement will help facilitate the negotiation of a Mining Convention. This is also exactly what Ecofin Agency reported "Canyon Resources and Cameroon set the rules of their agreement, until the signing of the Mining Agreement - As it nears the start of production of the Minim Martap bauxite project, the company Canyon Resources is looking for guarantees to reassure its investors. In the absence of the Mining Agreement, the Specifications offer it the legal framework necessary to move forward peacefully."

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.agenceecofin.com/compagnie/3105-88677-canyon-resources-et-le-cameroun-fixent-les-regles-de-leur-entente-jusqu-a-la-signature-de-la-convention-miniere&prev=search&pto=aue

From what is said above, it looks like to me that Canyon is in the process of negotiating with its potential "technical and financial partners" and this could be the "big news" Canyon is going to announce soon. With this big news, CAY will certainly be significantly re-rated.

Of course this is my speculation only.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.4¢
Change
-0.002(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $87.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.6¢ 6.2¢ $72.63K 1.132M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 127034 6.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 68000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.