OOO 2.81% $19.36 betashares crude oil index etf-currency hedged (synthetic)

Why the sell off indeed!The three distributions of: 0.488, 0.677...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Why the sell off indeed!
    The three distributions of: 0.488, 0.677 & 1.291 add up to a return of approx $2.456 per share which is $2,456 for every 1000 shares held. Unfortunately no franking but that's a 35.6% return based on the closing price of $6.890.
    Its quite normal to see a sell off after a dividend or distribution but I don't think those sellers really made any money...did they?
    Looking at the course of sales from the opening at 10am. The highest selling price was around $7.070 with 3 shares selling for $7.040. The sell out price for most was only 2 - 3% higher than the closing price so most sold out lower than they bought in so needed to sacrifice a fair proportion % of their distribution There was a little variation in price slightly higher/lower but it looks like sellers lost the majority of their distribution funds? thoughts?
    Where too from here
    As a holder I need the price of oil to maintain or increase so what are the chances of that happening?
    Governments want the price of oil to come down to ease inflation and help in lowering the cost of living.

OPEC don't seem able to increase there output despite their promises having missed recent increase timelines.
    The world is transitioning away from Russian oil and gas thereby limiting world supply.
    Pressure is on western governments to keep the lights on causing them to pause the green agenda and get oil and gas into the power grid to bolster base load for the next 5 years minimum.
    Joe Biden has pulled the rug from under the American oil companies and now he is back to them cap in hand. The American oil companies need and want oil exploration on government owned land and even if that happens its a five year turnaround.
    So where do I think oil is going in the next few years?
    In my opinion its only going one way and that's north. I'm happy to be buying from those willing to sell out at these prices. May be they will all be back in March 2023 buying to rinse and repeat.

this is not financial advice and DYOR. just my personal thoughts on this volatile share market.
    have a great day and take care
    Oskydosky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OOO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.