EUR 0.00% 5.1¢ european lithium limited

The information required for EIA includes years of data...

1. 1,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1657
    The information required for EIA includes years of data collection. It's also not very clear, when one submits an application they are not clear as to what information they need. This is different "permit" to the mining permit , which is true they zone 1 is fully licensed to mine. It is possible to mine but the local authorities would not permit, despite having permit per federal authority to do so and their reasoning is they want to see EIA, despite DRA Global and SRK Consulting assessment per Austrian laws that the mine doesn't require one. That is the only reason why, for political reasons rather than required by law. When previous CEO was replaced, 2017 I think it was, that's when data was started to be collected, like 10yrs water data information required or something like that, I'm vague on details myself but I share the unreasonableness for the mine per law doesn't required EIA as it's underground, then due to election used for election campaign in both Styria and Carinthia despite fighting over which jurisdiction hydroxide plant to be built wants to see EIA anyway despite it's not required by law. So I'm actually glad Tony stumbled upon Obeikan and have connections in Saudi, with BMW blessing changed hydroxide plant plans to KSA instead (away from Austrian local politics and better economics). Caved to the demands of local politics (despite really could have easily taken them to court about it) and looking for EIA for the mine while giving the middle finger really how I see it by taking away hydroxide plant investment away from stupid Europeans (the shortsightedness is mind boggling as other than China and a couple in Australia no one else has a hydroxide plant) ideally fast track approach because other than the ridiculous years of data required (underground mine + the building that's visible outside).

CRMA acknowledges this bottleneck and looks to have a blanket EU policy around it. How can it be that from a federal level allow but a local Govt which doesn't have jurisdiction over EIA withhold stamp of approval and use EIA as reason, for election reasons. They complained about air quality from dust (see how ridiculous this is since mine is underground). If they can do this to the mine, what more with hydroxide plant?

BMW and Obeikan are very aware of these factors, SZZL via Carolyn are too.

Perhaps the only ones who are not as knowledgeable to these details are stock traders and retail investors, who doesn't complete full diligence eg. visit the mine (such visit of asset is like viewing a house and inspecting before bidding at auction). Which are then influenced by distorted biases and media (fringe blogs/websites included) who cares nothing more than click bait.

You will see these tree huggers distort the information space because ultimately their goal is to disrupt and prevent the any and all mining everywhere but specially in Europe, they have since found this forum too. They think they are saving the planet and worth every effort and the lies.

So before accusing management of being amateur, take note the replacement of CEO with a Aussie German who is passionate about this particular endeavour. I wouldn't call Dietrich amateur. I would call retail investors amateur for criticising management of things they are themselves not familiar on and failing to understand the complexity of UNDERGROUND mining, coupled with political risks that is worse in Africa (think Simandou) despite it shouldn't be the case (power plays is tribal in nature).

DFS is quite clear on assumptions and risks. I'm on the same level of understanding as BMW and OIG, hence same confidence as they are. Despite my own criticism of particular matters, for me it's not management or the Board at fault (although I'm fairly sure sentiment towards Sage and Day impacts confidence) for delays and actually doing everything possible in an almost impossible situation - Europeans wanting local lithium supply but anti-mining. Luckily that is changing but slowly and outside company control.

Often times mining depends on who's in power politically. Just look over the US. We are actually lucky, because US mines has BLM to contend with and their rules hasn't changed since the very first American gold rush (not even kidding) there are no set parameters how exactly one could get "permitted" that some resorts to bribing.
    Last edited by BRProject: 17/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EUR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $71.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.3¢ 4.9¢ $92.84K 1.849M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14969 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 3588 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ 368031
Last updated 15.03pm 03/05/2024 ?
EUR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.