GIR 0.00% $5.43 giralia resources nl

Ann: Excellent drilling results from Yerecoin mag, page-2

1. 3,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    re: Ann: Excellent drilling results from Yere... Hmmm, so in Yerecoin, GIR could have a deposit which could in the beginning be surface mined, and shipped at 70% iron content, after applying minor crushing and a big magnet or such to sort it with half of the iron being missed. A cheap spur rail line for 1 Km connect to the nearest port via established rail link.
    Only some steelmakers can use magnetite, but one of them ,think is Bluescope, at Port Kembla. Of course they (GIR Mgt) seem to assume punters know this. Or hope they dont.
    Dont know how to weigh up this one. GIR arent that much help. What does it all mean? If the ore is there but it goes down deep how are they proposing anyone would get it out economically? Mining explorers never seem to directly address these issues. Its only iron ore after all, high bulk, low value.
    Interesting, but I like Anthiby Well (Size, access to ore) better, but its not close to immediate transport. In iron ore its very rare indeed to get any deposit that ticks all the boxes.
    Small miner boxes are a longer list than larger ones. This one ticks accessibility to transport the best. Bluescope now has no mines of its own. Its paying top dollar for ore under old contracts. Maybe time to pick up the phone, give them something to think about. Anything that gets them a bit more independent in ore supply could appeal.
    Maybe Im just rambling but it often seems to me that so many corporations have blinkers on. Not seeing the full strategic picture. Most people are like that. Limited education, lack of understanding.
    What seems the key here is the accessibility of the ore at an economic cost. About a quarter of it looks oK but is this enough? Dont think so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.