MOD 0.00% 43.5¢ mod resources limited

Okenia on LSE has posted some sector comparisons so I have...

1. 313 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Okenia on LSE has posted some sector comparisons so I have copied across his notes for info:

Alara Resources (ASX) Washihi project is a copper-gold VMS deposit in Oman.  Decent grades (1.3%), but despite that they can only get to 23% concentrate and recovery even at that low level is only 92%.
    almara.jpg

Some historical data for another crush-and-float copper concentrator based mine (Mt Isa) in Australia. Decent recoveries but the grade is at best 26% as opposed to the 30-60% MOD are reporting today.
    mt isa.jpg

Optimisation data from the Xstrata/Ernest Henry ore from the Mount Isa-Cloncurry mineral district. Again struggling to reach 20% and the recovery falls right off at those levels. Best is about 15% grade and 85% recovery.
    xstrata.jpg

Ivanhoe's amazing Tier 1+ Kamoa project. Central core is nearly 4% copper and they get a 37% concentrate at 85% recovery: http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...inary-metallurgical-tests-tsx-ivn-2139647.htm
    kakula.jpg
    From their most recent sample from Kakula sample (assaying 4.1% copper) they were able to push the concentrate to 53% (but at only 85% recovery). Kakula is a world-leading asset and the results from T3 match / exceed those figures.

Being able to get >30% in a concentrate AND retain over 95% recovery at the same time is an outstanding result for MOD.
    Last edited by freeheel: 04/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.