AW1 4.00% 13.0¢ american west metals limited

Ann: Exceptional Copper and Zinc confirmed at Tempest, page-150

1. 2,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    Yes, but I mentioned capex above that post. I'm not here to snipe endlessly and get in an argument with you even if other posters are, I'm just here for good discussion.

On the actual topic though, while capex is only 1 issue it's a very pertinent one since we were discussing how most mines fail. Big capex is one of the critical reasons why. Conversely, when capex is extremely low the company is less reliant on other people's opinions to move ahead to be cash flow producing.

On the other topics:

Management here is pretty good in my opinion, one can't fault their experience regardless of any personal opinion. And they've never been involved in any lifestyle activities previously.

Jurisdiction is tier 1, I don't think that's being debated by anyone.

Permits should not be an issue, there are no first nations, arctic desert with very little environment to worry about and a government that derives a huge amount of revenue from mining and is very friendly.

Infrastructure and workforce have been covered ad nauseum here, I personally think it will cost more than for initial setup (I think 50 not 25) but once complete, Canadian workers are familiar with fifo.

Grade is king and this is one of the highest grade copper projects on the ASX. Also of note, it's at surface. I can think of a few with higher grades:

AIC mines (much larger MC)
    KGL (Has an open pit and underground component so capex higher)
    Peel (similar to above)
    RDM (via it's MMA shareholding, but copper component is small)
    Helix (Tiny copper so far)

Not knocking any of these, I like them all by the way and am in some. But none of these really compare to the combination AW1 has of grade, surface, open in all directions, easy processing.

That leads into OPEX: which will likely be best in class based on what we know already. As they say grade is king. I'm happy to wait for more concrete scoping study on this though, it's a fair rebuttal I'm sure people will make. None of the above with higher grade than AW1 lend themselves to low capex which means when copper macro turns good, who are financiers going to choose first? The project with the highest rate of return for the lowest capex and opex. (I actually think copper macro will be so good almost all copper stocks will do well, but the best ones will get focused on first)

I genuinely see very little on the ASX that hits multiple metrics like AW1 is shaping up to hit. I would love to discuss with anyone who can think of a better one that has more going for it than what I've described above.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $131.3K 1.025M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 243565 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 363322 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.