DEG 0.41% $1.22 de grey mining limited

Ann: Exceptional high grade gold intercept at Crow, page-261

1. 1,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 979
    Certainly have no problems with an analyst selling, guess they are well placed to know when to take a profit. But I'd be surprised to see a decent geologist selling. the figure below is a model of Archaean intrusions into the early plate structures (Plutons) based on the Yilgarn pluton in southern WA. Basically that model shows that there are many gold occurances derived from the Sanukitoid type of granite intrusions that occurred within the plate near the margins in the late Archaean, around 2.7Ga years ago. The upshot is that these events are relatively widespread, and the type of magma associated with Sanukitoid intrusions is globally enriched with gold, that is "globally" within the one intrusion and related crustal bodies that it forms, and "globally" in the sense that wherever this characteristically silica-poor magma occurs, it is associated with very significant and economic gold deposits. The initial discovery of this kind of intrusion by DEG at Toweranna was very important, as it led them to speculate that if the model below is correct, there should be more similar feldsic intrusions throughout their lease areas and that if found they should have gold associated with them. So they tested that and drilled into a regional body that looked right, based on geophysics, and there we have Hemi. Very many miles from Toweranna and under 30 m of cover, based on a conceptual model. The important thing is, that this model suggests there could well be similar levels of mineralisation anywhere these bodies are found between Hemi and Toweranna and of course further afield. So unlike many gold occurances, nearology is not a bad thing. Anyone notice Simon has shares in a near neighbor with good prospects for similar intrusions?
    In the figure below, (taken from a 2019 Nature paper) imagine this landscape in D, eroded over time to the blue line, and covered in 30 m of gravel. That is most likely the regional setting of the Hemi field, and associated bodies nearby. Given that this geological activity extends in patches at least as far as Toweranna, and possibly up towards our VMS deposits further to the east (a different form of deposit formation), and that these deposits love to form mineralised zones along major faults and fractures (that DEG has in spades-good deep ones), I can't imagine a good geologist folding their cards until the day it has all been drilled out! Given all the different geological settings along the way, there is likely to be all sorts of gold formation, in cracks in the main intrusions, in host rocks of different types, in a wide range of grades from sub economic to bonanza when/if we are lucky enough to hit more of them with the exploration drilling. Me? I'm holding until the day our geologist gurus in DGO sell a share or two. Meanwhile I'm holding on for the ride of my shareholding life!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2433/2433103-7975f27efd53e3d9e1f04c9db5101785.jpg
    Last edited by Fish3: 01/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.22
Change
-0.005(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.25 $1.22 $5.191M 4.210M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 101415 $1.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.22 16007 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.