SPR 2.72% 94.5¢ spartan resources limited

careful mate, I might get a really big head and going and...

1. 11,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6271
    careful mate, I might get a really big head and going and celebrate with a box of Maltesers (don't want the hubris of the share price to go to my head, especially when GCY-->SPR originally came into my investment hands via a divestment... though I will take a tiny bit of credit for holding on after almost 15 years of ups and downs). It's great to hear that others enjoy reading my meandering thoughts (I appreciate those who disagree and critique me too), as HC is just how I enjoy spending some of my free time, as sadly, in the real word, open discussions are becoming rarer and rarer.... what.png As for the conferences, I will do my best biggrin.png

You sell yourself short though mate, you do a far better job of combing T/A and F/A. Which is why HC is all the better for you sharing your thoughts.

As SPR rises ever higher, I am trying to balance my expectations, as... really, SPR has already had a very rare goldilocks situation of rising commodity price, rising costs (making it's assets more valuable, when... not so long ago they were viewed negatively) and an amazing discovery/s. Without wanting to be a killjoy, there will come a time where SPRs share price will see a lot more volatility just like BGL did, albeit I do feel it will be somewhat different because BGL had to raise, take on debt and build a plant, versus SPR mitigating a lot of these hurdles.

Depending on what happens with the drill bit, at some point the share price will stabaiize and the recent broker report target of around $1.15 does seem... like a rough target (could be 10-30% either way), which would equate to SPR having a $1.3billion ish.... market cap. Still far below BGL, but... still at a different stage. Though I again will point out, that.... premier discoveries... receive premium valuations, just look at EMR! Crazy for a mine that is producing 120k p.a outside Australia.

Most of the discussions around SPR and it's plant are about it having to be downsized etc. I wonder... would investors be willing to let SL and the team finding enough U/G ore to fully feed the plant at 2.5mtpa (but... having to give them more time to do so... i.e another 12-18 months)? Beta hunt is aiming to mine 2mtpa by next year (1 single U/G operation). Big Bell already runs at 1.1mtpa. Other mines in W.A even larger still.

Not advocating anything really, as I just keep enjoying the drill bit spinning and the share price appreciating.

Cheers @sabine you are too kind.
    @debarwa - down near Geelong.

I cannot deny, I just hope the share price is rising because... the drill bit is literally speaking to the Geos!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.025(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.045B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.182M 6.695M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23789 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 79292 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.