GBR 3.45% 5.6¢ great boulder resources limited

Gold is going underground - ask Bill Beament ! Forget just...

1. 4,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1709
    Gold is going underground - ask Bill Beament ! Forget just focusing on open pits and strip ratios -we are in a new goldilocks gold event now with Never Never and other discoveries like at Bibra and the persistence of gold at depth in other big pits changing the focus- notwithstanding more capital intensive- to significant gold resources at depth. I go back 50 years -we all mined small pits to 50 metres never realizing most of the gold was leached out in the weathered zone. (We even left the bar and went into the 50 metre deep pit at Broadarrow considered 'mined out' with detectors and the pit bottom was loaded with free gold -big chunks of nuggety gold in quartz. All the boys had a field day.
    Same thing happening with Ora Banda - the boys got big nuggets in those old pits at Siberia - the Sand King in particular- and now the company completely transformed.

Bibra is in 3g/t dirt and better at 800 metres depth. The pit so far only planned to 300 metres - Sure the economics have to stack up but whereas I would have said only a year ago in desperate times we needed to get into production the game has changed -the gold price has gone ballistic - provided it holds now dictates we drill deep and prove up a lot of high grade and as Captain Tony says the market cap will go thru the roof.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.