ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    Democracy is another PR campaign of the elite ruling classes much like PC rubbish & equality which are all great in idealistic theory but never really work as intended in practice beyond pushing elite agendas - I could go on...

Australian Democracy is actually pretty decent - though still mostly a joke given most people participate by marking paper once every few years & are rarely listened to by local members - though there are exceptions

I would much rather vote on several topics once every 3 or 6 or 12 months rather than elect someone for years at a time who may have several undeclared interests & agendas

The UK doesn't have a true democracy due to house of Lords

The USA democracy is very much about deep pockets & spin & not a massive difference between political parties beyond distracting drama & populist rubbish

I remember as a child thinking Reagan was a good President but in reality he was an actor being fed lines

George W was clearly using an ear piece during his time in office & could not really given a crap about politics beyond his Dad threatening to cut off all family benefits - so many people I knew at the time couldn't get their head around George W using an ear piece because it was in ear - but if people just paid a little bit more attention it was rather obvious!

Despite the many short comings of Western democracies there are much worse places to live than Australia & truly horrific political conditions in most other nations - unfortunately Australian politics has been moving closer to USA style populist rubbish for the last 20 years. We are pretty lucky to be able to tune out & mostly just get on with our lives & know that even if the most evil politicians are elected in Australia there influence & power is somewhat limited & mostly just self interest rather than widespread persecution or radical religious doctrine

Even QLD with no Upper house & Sir Joh's reign of corruption was pretty mild historically speaking

The catch 22 of Australia's relatively small population, vast land mass & isolation is mostly beneficial especially given we have plentiful natural resources & arable land - though don't get me started on cotton!!!

Anyway let's hope Ukraine conflict is resolved with minimal casualties & South Korea avoids regional conflicts where possible & keeps strengthening partnership with ASM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.