KKO 5.13% 8.2¢ kinetiko energy ltd

Rob Hersov, (a south african business and economics commentator)...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Rob Hersov, (a south african business and economics commentator) suggests a gas boom is close via a BizNews interview.
    The gas in question is karoo shale gas but the sentiment applies to coal seam and offshore gas as well;

On how SA being a signatory to the Paris Agreement hampers the chances of using the reserves
    But gas is that solution. You know, gas is clean, abundant and domestically produced. It’s easy to access and done in a professional and environmentally friendly way. Canada, the US and other countries have been producing onshore gas for four decades. And, you know, it’s become very professional. They are environmentally friendly, they check the water tables. And I don’t know why we’re not doing it. There is a moratorium, by the way, which I expect to be lifted this month or next month. So, you know, the government dithers as usual. You know, we really need Gwede to get support from Enoch and say, Barbara, those three could push this through the ANC level, and I would applaud them if they got on with it to stop dithering and stop being afraid. And then capital is available, expertise is available. This will happen very, very quickly. And lots of jobs. This is the big thing. Take just the central crew. You know, Beaufort West itself. If you do gas to power just in the Beaufort West area and offer free power in perpetuity to all Beaufort West residents, I mean, it’ll be a boom town. Beaufort West will become a boom town. On the possibilities that gas to power brings to SAThere are a million jobs waiting. Waiting if you let open the floodgates, allow the private sector to go in. If the government only creates the framework for investment, you’ll have international and local capital pouring in and African capital. I know a couple of Nigerian friends who are keeping a very close eye on what’s happening here on onshore gas. They want to invest so there’s tons of capital and it could happen very, very quickly. And I mean, you know, you should buy High Street homes in Beaufort West because it’ll be the biggest boom town in the world very quickly. And jobs aplenty. This will solve a lot of problems.
    On the obstacle
    The greenies, funded overseas, were the big obstacle. Now, you know, Gwede stood up and we need Barbara Creasy and Enoch Gondogwana who, I think, is delivering a report to the Treasury at the end of January, to stand up and say this is what we’re doing and get private sectors to stand shoulder to shoulder with it. You know, I’m happy to stand up and there are a lot of others who will, too. And let’s just tell the international funders of the greenie activists to stuff off. We want to stand on our own two feet as South Africans and we’ve got the ability to do so. We want energy independence and not reliance on their minerals. We can do it.
    On the signposts for South Africans to watch for
    The moratorium needs to be lifted. I think it’s going to happen. In January, our finance minister is going to make a presentation on this to the Treasury at the end of January. So the next 30 to 45 days are crucial. And let’s lift open the floodgates. Let’s go. Let’s be energy independent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KKO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
0.004(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $117.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 9.0¢ 8.0¢ $46.19K 529.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18414 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KKO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.