STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

I might have misinterpreted your comments, but it looks to me...

1. 489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I might have misinterpreted your comments, but it looks to me that you might have assumed an "all in" Strandline re-cap. That is, that STA has to get any price available from the Tanzanian assets, tip it into the pot, and see what further equity is required to put Coburn back on an even keel.

That would be an incorrect analysis from STA shareholders' perspective, in my view.

The NAIF Facility, bonds, and WC facility are all secured only against the Coburn assets.

The Tanzanian assets are to my knowledge unencumbered. Fwiw, brokers last estimated that the Tanzanian assets might be worth 10-18 cents per share, following the $15 million (?) surprising payment. They were already highly discounted, risk assessed values, but make of that what you will.

I addition, 2ic, you suggest, and I agree, that no matter if and how much under (capitalised debt) water the Coburn project might be, there is likely some 'seat at the table' modest value in any recap for existing STA shareholders, including for facilitating an orderly management process, and perhaps preservation of Coburn tax losses etc.

Naturally, if management can throw a hail mary in March/April and even get MSP to work, there may be a remote chance of more meaningful Coburn value for existing shareholders. It would certainly seem to me now that as an operating asset, Coburn will be around for quite a while.

So I certainly don't see merit in a fire sale of Tanzania, though would be happy to crystallize its full value. What, if anything, I did with that value would resemble a game of poker!

As existing stakeholders to whom management owe their primary duty, I remind management that we deserve a much more fulsome disclosure of the situation, even if they choose to keep STA suspended.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.