LKE 4.00% 4.8¢ lake resources n.l.

'darchand" ..sadly cant say i ever heard those words...

1. 312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63

'darchand" ..sadly cant say i ever heard those words :-(

'kashmir89" the twitter feed was a great catch only moments after the announcement. essential listening. for anyone who may have missed your post here it is    https://soundcloud.com/user-246928730/episode-14-lake-resources-managing-director-steve-promnitz

in the chairman's new york presentation circa october 26 it was indicated that the maiden resource report would be completed by the end of october but would be conditioned to the effect that ongoing drilling below the 400m level would not be included. the report was conditional on costings in progress by lilac to which no reference was made today

today's announcement states that the maiden resource report will be delayed and that it will not include an assessment of the extended lease areas (which really was of no consequence).

the introduction of new areas to impress the scale was not necessary. we are all aware of the mega scale it was not a matter that would warrant a trading halt as was stated.

so the question is why was the report not presented with the qualification that the final 600m drill results and the extended area will follow? t

the assessment of 8 - 11 million tonnes is impressive only if it can be recovered economically

reading between the many lines of the asx announcement and the twitter interview what i am hearing is "we are running into problems with lilac but we still have Cauchari"

In the twitter interview for the first time in the last month reference was made. to "we are developing lilac in tandem with evaporation ponds and at the same time considering "another mefhod"

Anson Resources (ASN) is the second australian explorer intending to use lilac technology  (for their Paradox Lithium Project in Utah). https://www.ansonresources.com/index.php/projects/paradox-brine-project

There is  a flow diagram which shows just where the Lilac technology fits in

In their literature Anson also illustrate samples of lithium extracted by lilac for Voltaic Minerals from their Green Energy Lithium Project also in Utah. This probably the material  referred to by our Chairman / CEO as being excellent results with 90% recovery from "dirty brine".

also in the Anson literature is a  process flow diagram for an alternative processthey are considering - the Outotex Solvent Extraction SX method. this is also a "conceptual process" which has recovered Li from the Votaic Utah project at laboratory (bench) scale.

a better idea of the scale of these plants and the can be gauged from the flow diagram. To extract a small amount of lithium from a large volume of  brine requires more than just a tank with an infeed pipe and outlet. It requires very large vessels

as "bricky2" pointed out lilac have recovered a small amount of Li in lab scale tests and no doubt any problem  can be resolved at that level, Scaling up is the next challenge. Research scientists are typically supremely confident in their ability but frequently one solution creates another problem. worse they sometimes do not see problems coming out of left field..

my concern as a layman is that while pumping all the unwanted stuff down the hole is great environmentally would it not result in dilution of the brine yet to be processed and result in diminishing returns?. surely that cannot have been overlooked

from what I can gather we will se Cauchari results in aro two weeks which is safe ground then some time after that possibly by month's end a conditonal maiden resource statement provided there is greater certainty concerning the extraction method and cost

just now the share price has steadied at 11.5 cents  (3.15 pm) a reasonable number based on results of activities since october 24 when it stood at 8.1 cents

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $79.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.7¢ $374.0K 7.683M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 870077 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 12772 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.