LOT 1.49% 33.0¢ lotus resources limited

Ann: Exploration drilling commences at rare earth prospect, page-29

1. 3,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12463
    Hi Mate,

Came across this post and thought i'd interject. The oxide is just the stoichiometric form the rare earth's exist in. The comparison you're referring to is Ionic Clay vs Hard Rock.

https://www.jcu.edu.au/advanced-ana...nt-to-stoichiometric-oxide-conversion-factors

Above are the conversions for most elements to oxide form.

The key determination for being ionic, is not just being clay is that the rare earths exist in an ionic adsorbed form on the clay. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.191107

"Ion-adsorbed rare earth (RE) ore, also known as weathered crust infiltration RE ore, is a unique type of RE ore found in China. It is mainly absorbed on clay type ore (i.e. kaolin clay, illite) in the form of hydrated cations and can release RE cations via the chemical and biological process [13]. The resource is characterized by heavy and RE elements with distinctive advantages, such as complete distribution, high added-value, low radioactivity ratio and high value of comprehensive use. RE resources play an extremely important role in the modern high-tech industry, and they have received extensive attention [4,5]. Significant efforts have focused on the development of this valuable mineral resource, such as metallogenic mechanisms, mining technologies, separation and purification, and applications of RE elements in various fields, which provided basic technological support to efficient developments and green extraction of RE elements [69]. The in situ leaching is the most commonly used mining method of extracting RE elements, during which RE cations absorbed on the ore body are firstly replaced by more active cations in the leaching solution and then extracted from collected mother solutions"

Typically ionic clays are 500-1000ppm = .1% Maximum around 2000ppm.

In short you may or may not have rare earth success here, but on the data presented not an Ionic Clay imho. The project the host rock appears to be allanite.

Malawi is prosperous for these types of deposits though FWIW. Golden Canyon owned chambe basin which was then bought by altona although is was abandoned due to not being economical. Altona trying to revive it.

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/altona-akatswiri-rare-earth/

Some mentions of ionic clays in Malawi from me below.
    Post #:45750246
    Post #:55023197
    Post #:52265507

The prelim results are not bad here though so there may very well be some good success from the drill program, but just thought i'd curb expectation on the ionic aspect and comparison/expectation therein.

Also thought i'd mentioned that it's not uncommon to find U and Th in rare earth projects so given the close nearology makes sense that there is some good REO grades around. Worth noting that U and Th is a deleterious element in REO projects. That is to say, it needs to be removed from the MREC (mixed rare earth carbonate/concentrate) such that it is suitable for shipping.

Perhaps the strategy will be to focus on the uranium and primary revenue source and try to treat process the REO as a by-product. Olympic Dam a good example of a deposit with enormous REO content but never mined/treated for it. From what i've read they're looking into processing the tailings to recover the REO. https://digital.library.adelaide.edu.au/dspace/handle/2440/110265

Anyways, enough monologues from me; good to see some familiar faces hope everyone is doing well. Uranium a decent sector to be in so should be doing well here shortish term irrespective of the rare earth ventures. If my opinion on further announcements is desired tag me and i'll try to get back when able. Will be the first to tell you if something is looking promising.

SF2TH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $599.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
33.5¢ 33.5¢ 32.5¢ $1.336M 4.059M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 99385 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.5¢ 561260 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.