CNW 0.00% 6.1¢ cirrus networks holdings limited

Ann: Exploration potential target 280-350 billion, page-28

1. 1,227 Posts.
    re: Ann: Exploration potential target 280-350... agreed bandalup. All good points that I have also taken into consideration. Like I said, it's not exactly apples with apples in terms of comparison.

Location wise, there is a huge difference in terms of distance from market participants. At the end of the day the economics will determine what goes ahead. CTP has estimated a potential 1 to 2 trillion barrels of oil equivalent (based on 10 to 20pj/ton coal)with a GTL plant life of 25 000 years or so from memory. Scale would certainly add to the business case there. Hell, we even get oil from the most remote parts of Siberia for instance, because it is economically viable to do so

Based on various sources, it appears that the consensus opinion is that the QLD UCG/CSG regime is actually the most restrictive in the country, a bit like QLD's Uranium policy. Having said that, based on recent press reports, it looks like anything is possible in QLD again these days, you just need to know the right facilitator and be prepared to pay a suitable success fee...lol

Either way, both companies face serious Red Tape hurdles which may prove to be show stoppers at the end of the day. Talk about making life easy for investors who will create jobs and add to GDP .....I read somewhere that Australia ranks quite low in the world in terms of investor friendliness, and QLD among the lowest in the country. Apparently even some African countries are deemed more investor friendly than us...go figure

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.