ALR 0.00% 0.4¢ altair minerals limited

BHP (ASX:BHP) has banked record results from its iron ore...

1. 891 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216

BHP (ASX:BHP) has banked record results from its iron ore division and Olympic Dam mine as analysts predict a monster full year dividend payout for the 2021 financial year.

The Big Australian’s share price skyrocketed to record highs at the end of last week on the back of sky high iron ore prices..

Olympic Dam meanwhile, which also produces uranium, posted its best year as a copper and gold mine under BHP since it was acquired in the WMC takeover in 2005.

Copper production at the South Australian mine climbed by 20 per cent to 205,000t on better smelter stability and underground mine performance, capitalising on record copper prices in the second half, while gold production was 146,000oz.

Maintenance shutdowns will mean BHP is expected to drop production to 140-170,000t in 2022.

“We achieved production records at our Western Australia Iron Ore operations and the Goonyella Riverside metallurgical coal mine in Queensland,” BHP CEO Mike Henry said.

We maintained all-time high concentrator throughput at our Olympic Dam in South Australia had its highest annual copper production since BHP acquired the asset in 2005, and its best-ever gold production.

“BHP is in great shape. Our operations are performing well, we continue our track record of disciplined capital allocation, and our portfolio is positively leveraged to the megatrends of decarbonisation, electrification and population growth.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.