CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 46,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8868
    https://stocksdownunder.com/article/delisted-asx-company-what-can-i-do/

If you own shares in a delisted ASX company, you’re probably wondering what to do. Some stocks have a happy ending in being taken over at a healthy premium, but some end up going bankrupt and leaving shareholders having lost all their money.
    But it may not be the end of everything for investors even after the company delists.

What can I do if I own a delisted ASX company?

When a stock goes bankrupt and delists, there are a few options available to investors.
    First, if the delisted company has assets that can be liquidated, investors may be able to receive part or all of their investment back. But this will be a long process and retail shareholders may not be at the front of the queue. Secured creditors will be first.

Second, if the delisted company is acquired by another company or is part of an asset purchase agreement, the investors may receive shares in the acquiring company. This may take a while, but if you own one you may be able to realise some sort of return on your investment, by selling shares in that company.

Third, investors may be able to pursue legal action against the delisted company and any responsible parties for negligence or fraud as allowed under applicable securities laws. They may not have the means to pursue legal action themselves, but they can join a class action with other shareholders that may be run by a professional legal firm.

In the latter scenario, you won’t be paying the costs – more prominent, richer investors will be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.