AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

AVZ hasn't said anything about the US$20million returned from...

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243

AVZ hasn't said anything about the US$20million returned from Dathomir, which is just sitting in escrow. If they agreedto let Dathomir keep the 15%, can they even get their own money back now? Orhave things have gotten so messy that the DRC court have decided to hold ontothat cash until the Supreme Court deals with the $25 million suspended finefrom Graeme's case? What a mess!

This whole thing is just so frustrating! It's like we’re numb toany news now – nothing seems to make a dent. And what's up with Locke? They'retaking forever with their due diligence, yet they're tying AVZ's hands withthat exclusivity clause, blocking them from exploring other options. I mean,there are local players closer to home like Burford Capital who are funding the Sundance Resources litigation. Was Locke the only one that showed any interest in taking thison? If there were other options I couldn’t see Nigel agreeing to the exclusivityclause and then been dragged around by the nose with this ridiculous due diligenceperiod. It doesn’t make sense that Locke are waiting to see if fines are paid becauseif fines are paid there’s no need for Locke. Nothing makes sense anymore!

Last year, the DRC dissolved the local World Bank fund, absconding with all the assets and funds meant to assist vulnerable groups. It's an egregious act of theft, plain and simple. It's no surprise Nigel faced difficulties securing litigation funding. If the DRC can brazenly pilfer from the World Bank, the very organisation that's trying to help their people, what regard will they have for court-mandated fines? Does anyone really feel we have much chance of having the fines paid in the foreseeable future, with the behaviour these people have demonstrated to-date?

The DRC is steeped in corruption, a veritable cesspool of misconduct. It's utterly disgraceful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.