ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 18,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3958
    Hi Sjlasx .... thank you for your post .. (I joined Twitter this morning so as to follow you but haven’t (yet?) because the thought of pushing the button triggered my ‘commitment issues’ phobia.)

As I read parts of it ; (with questions, and avoiding the fine detail around accounting and pricing even though I know it is important);

1) You feel we will get a company update on Monday rather than any refinance news as, if refinance was fixed, it would likely have been announced on Friday afternoon.

My thoughts on this are that hopefully there will be news, and - to hope further - I hope it will include news the 205+M shares left over from SPP have been placed.
    If so that is ~$12.3M in the coffers.
    (@mcluvin83 your post yesterday says an EFT has increased by around a million shares through Global X? ... Do you have before and after dates to indicate when the purchase happened please ? https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/42807169/single)

Should they be all placed, that represents cash of $12.3+million .....
    - To me it seems like those shares are the item of ‘extant business’ that first needs to be dealt with so as to satisfy potential refinancers the company is liquid... And it needs to happen by Thursday week (Feb 20), so why drag it out anymore?
    And, if people are confident the placing of remaining SPP shares are stage one of a refinance sequence, surely they will step up to buy given AJM last closed at 6.3c. (Somehow I don’t think that higher than SPP price close was a coincidence.)

- But I agree, if there is no news it won’t look good

2) December shipping issue...
    You feel it was obvious brinkmanship ? And a scramble by Ganfeng to fill Ikan Jenahar with PLS spod rather than the AJM ore that had been booked?

That’s actually my only question Sjlasx ....I agree it was strange ... the ship messing around in port then leaving without AJM product on board. But I don’t understand why you used the word ‘brinkmanship’ and would appreciate it if you could explain.
    I agree the Ganfeng prepayment deal needed to be concluded - as per terms of the deal - within the year, and one way of looking at this is Ganfeng forced the issue to protect its unsecured debt.
    -But, like the SPP overhang, dealing with this properly was surely another item that needed to to be ticked off the list to satisfy refinancers?

3) State of Play : I thought there might have been a debt note auction too ....
    Now I have plenty of theories but no real idea what is causing the delays, however, like @Wrogerz, I doubt it is Coronavirus.......
    Large Tier One companies take the ‘long view’ - 50 or 100 years ahead .
    Altura’s ore reserves are short term in this time frame but the company has much else going for it in regards production costs and purity (and I still think it has proprietary silicon screening technology* that may be best in class) so it would be small minded to be dealing with Altura’s future right now with using a bug as leverage.

cheers

*source May lithium ion rocks podcast interview with James Brown
    Last edited by sabine: 08/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.