1MC 20.0% 0.3¢ morella corporation limited

Ann: Extension of Voluntary Suspension, page-526

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    It actually is amazing if you think that the whole purpose of voluntary suspension is to preserve the integrity of trading in a companies securities due the ' price sensitivity ' of ' potential ' news - and yet in AJM's case I believe they even acknowledged that the suspension was as result of ' potential ' negotiations which may or may not eventuate in regards the alleviating the current debt and finance burden.

So why then were the securities ' NOT ' allowed to continue trading if the ' continuous disclosure and ' News Event ' of refinance was not yet known and obviously some time off on the horizon. Couldn't they have just suspended the shares on the eve of signing or when it became more known that it might actually be a reality .........what.png

The only reason I can think that it was not allowed to continue to benignly trade while they continued to do what you would think is more an activity one conducts in the normal course of operating a business - ie looking for alternative finance. And so this leads me to believe that they must have thought at the time they advised of the continuing need for the suspension that they knew then that the likelihood of achieving this was in fact very slim to none .

It's just a view , but it doesn't really make sense to me that you would need a continuing and lengthy suspension over your shares just to in effect change ' Bankers ' and or loan Consortia unless you thought it more responsible to NOT allow investors to get in any deeper with having their script continually available for trading.

And I guess whether it was last week or the extra couple of weeks to the end of the Month in terms of the original 15th of October ' deadline is neither here nor there accept if you were a Company where it would perhaps coincide with the Month ending dates of more ' Fiscal ' relating quarters which could would include of say the August 31 through October 31st was the previous stated due date for the fee and ALL accrued interest.

Some examples would be Hewlett Packard in the US , the AFL and all their clubs , Kanamoto Co. Ltd of Japan - however I can see no connection to this theory as Both Clearwater and Castle Lake L.P have fiscal years ending 31st December with Nomura being 31st March , and LDA Capital being not readily available due it privately held status. That leaves only Carval with a fiscal year end being 31st May ..... and the Half Year being 31st October........sneaky.png

Interesting that the U.S Federal Government's fiscal year starts from 1st October but with the US elections currently scheduled in Nov , I wonder how much potential liquidity and lending proposals end up on hold pending whatever result may or may not ensue in the balance of December 31 fiscal year end.

Irrespective of ALL these ' hypotheticals ' assumptions as to why an ' Extra 2 Weeks ......ie why not 3 or 4 ...... wouldn't it be great if every company on the ASX could suspend their shares in times of volatility only to release them when Industry conditions are more favorable for the price action of their listed securities. Imagine a stock exchange that operated like that.......rolleyes.png

Obviously I am hoping for the best in this situation , but have acutely been aware of the risk and the loss for some time and therefore have totally prepared myself with the worst possible outcome unfolding from what ultimately looks to be a rather ' unique ' 12 week or more period of suspension.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.