TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Tom, I am a glass half full type person but I don't have high...

1. 58,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 726
    Tom, I am a glass half full type person but I don't have high expectations and know thinks can go either way

As I posted before but this time I will highlight a few thing which indicate to me there is a good chance a deal is being done with Barrick

When the earn in agreement with Barrick was announced Barrick’s CEO, Mark Bristow, commented:
    “We are pleased to partner with Troy Resources, who have done well to
    aggregate a sizeable
    tenement position covering what we consider as a very prospective part of the Karouni Basin.

We have capitalised on our knowledge of West African Birimian greenstone gold deposits, t
    o
    identify the Karouni basin as a priority area of interest.
    The geological similarities between
    the West African Birimian and the Guiana Shield are well established, however the exploration
    in the
    Guiana Shield is quite immature by comparison.

We look forward to
    combining Barrick’s
    technical and financial resources with Troy’s established in country team
    and knowledge, to
    advance exploration over the Project Tenements
    with the aim to deliver new world class gold
    discoveries."

Barrick can obviously see the potential of the Guyana shield that has had relatively little modern exploration, they could go in accumulate tenements themselves, establish a exploration camp, bring in drill rigs, trucks and other equipment and basically start from scratch. But how long would that take and how much would that cost before defining a mine-able resource and then building a processing plant?

If Barrick want to tap into the potential of Guyana taking over try is a no brainer, every thing is already in place, tenement, proved ore reserve, mines camps ie 2, a working mill, plant, equipment, trained employees and a lot of potential

I could be wrong but seems rather logical, question remains is what sort of deal will be done and how that will impact shareholders.

I would think there would be other companies that would like to get a hold of TRY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.