TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

From an economic pov, yes. But Barrick has much higher...

1. 1,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    From an economic pov, yes. But Barrick has much higher opportunity costs. Spend management time on a 35k ozs per annum mine and lose elsewhere.
    They made it pretty clear they want to replicate their success in West Africa meaning 100-200k per annum mines, a thoroughly upgraded if not new plant. The plant must be located near the deposit.
    So I would argue 80% joint-venture expanded to all of Troy's tenements is the answer.

As for Troy: ca. A$30m in deferred tax assets, half of it in Guyana. A$65m net cashflow from Smarts u/g. A$25m in trade credits. A$13m gold loan. A$57 when the dust has settled. Plus whatever upside there is at Smarts u/g - I think igrade will be higher and tonnage also when using a lower cut-off - and what they can get for the plant if they stop exploring.

So in a perfect world Troy could end up with roughly A$100m in cash plus a plant to sell, a passive 20% stake in a Barrick mega-mine and a couple of royalties. But I could also envision a co-existence when someone is needed to mop up all the minor deposits that are near certain to turn up during exploration.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.