4DS 5.38% 8.8¢ 4ds memory limited

Ann: Extension of Voluntary Suspension, page-141

1. 1,205 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Well folks, they've already concluded their testing, as they've done many times in the past. What possible "vile" news could they possibly bring to the table at this point in relation to the fundamental technology itself? They would have found it BEFORE the last iteration announcement was made.
    Just think about it, trying to be objective. They've tested the wafers. They know what works and what doesn't work. They've collabed with IMEC about it. they've identified problems that need resolved. It wasn't just 4DS that said "Oh it's nothing we can't fix", it was both IMEC and 4DS who made that assessment. With that ticked off the list, let's look at other possibilities.

1. HGST has bailed up and run. Possible, as I've thought all along this tech really wasn't going to fit in their portfolio very well. I think they're on the struggle bus already without delving into a complicated SCM arena. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided this wasn't for them and they aren't prepared to keep funding this R&D. Last I read, they were already in over $50M USD with 4DS for this. I don't remember where I saw it, but I'm sure someone here can find those numbers. This is a lot of money for something you might never be able to capitalize on. At least in the medium term.
    They might be securing a partner right now. Like I've said many times, I'm all for this.

2. They are releasing some of those previously undetermined metrics they hinted at in the past anns.

3. Dr. VDH has pushed to make some metrics available to the market in order to shore up the SP. We all need to face the fact we are likely in for a CR soon. I'd much rather have it at .25 than sitting at .13, heading lower at the weeks pass.

4. IMEC has announced they're pulling the plug and we're trying to get into another fab to finish up. The only way I could see this happening is if we've been blatantly lied to by the BOD and they've been polishing turds to keep us going. Unlikely but wouldn't be a total blindside.

5. The ASX and ASIC have determined the lack of information to the market is in violation of the rules, informing the BOD that things have to change to maintain our listing. Least likely as I'm sure we would have been informed.

There could be other things, but these are IMO the most likely scenarios. They all fit comfortably inside the "technical update" category.
    None of these are heart stopping as we'd survive the worst with perhaps a year setback.

I'd focus on these things instead of sitting around a campfire telling horror stories whilst trolls are making monster noises in the woods.
    Think how you, as an investor, will react to any of these scenarios if they should come to fruition. As an investor you should make a plan and stick with it. Making decisions under duress can lead to costly mistakes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
-0.005(5.38%)
Mkt cap ! $155.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.3¢ 8.7¢ $373.3K 4.180M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 142231 8.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.8¢ 10978 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.