AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Extension to Voluntary Suspension, page-247

1. 16,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3813
    One side is right one is wrong and in between a whole lot of grey.
    Very true.
    I am puzzled why not more is said about arbitration on these threads?
    Its the single most important hurdle for AVZ.
    IF you want to see grey wait for this to hit arbitration, which I hope for all holders never happens and I suspect the suspension is all about trying to kill arbitration off before it gets going because IF they can't it will take 3 years to sort out.
    Below is an excerpt from the arbitration announcement.

The request for arbitration is merely another attempt by Jin Cheng to press the
    allegation it has been ventilating in the media that it acquired a 15% shareholding in
    Dathcom from La Congolaise D’Exploitation Miniere SA (Cominiere).

As previously disclosed to ASX on 4 May 2021, any purported transfer of the 15%
    interest to Jin Cheng would be a material breach of the pre-emptive rights contained
    in the existing Dathcom Shareholders Agreement, invalid and of no force or effect.

My first question is did Jin acquire a 15% shareholding in Dathcom or are they claiming the 15% stake was transferred to Jin? The 2 are distinctly different.
    Below seems to suggest that Jin are not claiming they have 15% working interest rather that they are claiming to be a 15% shareholder in Dathcom.

AVZ International Pty Ltd, wholly-owned subsidiary of AVZ Minerals Limited (ASX :
    AVZ, OTCQX : AZZVF) (Company), has received a request for arbitration and related
    correspondence regarding the proposed commencement of arbitration proceedings
    by Jin Cheng Mining Company Limited (Jin Cheng) before the International Chamber
    of Commerce in Paris (ICC) to pursue claims by Jin Cheng to be recognised as a
    shareholder of Dathcom Mining SA (Dathcom)

Now the problem I see with the above is AVZ are making the same mistake FAR did, who ultimately lost in arbitration ICC Paris to WPL.
    The problem FAR had was they believed their PE rights had been ignored but the upshot was that in a share sale, there were no pre emptive rights.
    Note the first part of AVX announcement above talks about Jin acquiring a 15% shareholding, not working interest in Dathcom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.