TSN 0.00% 1.0¢ the sustainable nutrition group ltd

Perhaps a rebrand without "sustainable" in the name might be an...

1. 5,441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    Perhaps a rebrand without "sustainable" in the name might be an honest start.

It's not BHP, it's a microcap. Working through an analysis of the situation would have taken them about two days with a sleepless night in between. The resignation of the CEO after about the three day mark suggests no-one could see a way out.

One month of voluntary suspension could only be explained if they were in a desperate hunt for capital. Two months means they got no takers.

There will have been KPIs with whichever client they lost. These would involve volumes of sales to justify the shelf space. Do-it-yourself protein balls screamed failure to me, but I presumed they'd done their market research. I'm pretty sure they will have to buy back product either on expiry or if it's been shelf sitting for too long. If they can't move it in the major supermarkets, all costs for packaging, product development, freight contracts, and the unsold products themselves are going to boomerang back on TSN.

No wonder they want time to think about it on the off chance someone stumbles on a miraculous cure before they have to announce they're illiquid.

The total lack of risk management really annoys me. It's not that hard: concentrate on what you do well until profitable, then try some new ideas using that cash. If there's nothing you already do that's profitable or ever likely to be, you're not really a business are you?

Good luck and stay safe,

cake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.