DEV 12.0% 14.0¢ devex resources limited

Ann: Extensive zone of gold in rock chips - Basin Creek, NSW, page-113

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    "Compilation of historical exploration data over the entire Prospect, including the close association of gold with lead-in-soil geochemistry and the extensive silica, sericite clay and potassic (adularia) alteration, supports the Company’s view that the gold system has the potential to extend over a strike length of more than 4 kilometres within altered felsic volcanic and porphyritic rocks (see Figure 2).

The Basin Creek Project is located within Silurian volcanic and sedimentary rocks of the Lachlan Fold Belt, a major geological province which hosts world-class copper-gold deposits such as Cadia- Ridgeway (Newcrest Mining) and Northparkes (China Molybdenum Co Ltd) as well as several large- scale Silurian age deposits including the McPhillamys Gold Mine (Regis Resources Limited), a +2Moz gold deposit.The McPhillamys gold discovery (2.29Moz gold: Regis Resources Ltd, March 2019) represents an important exploration mineralisation style within the Lachlan Fold Belt of NSW.

Similarities between the mineralisation style at McPhillamys and the Main Ridge Prospect include similar pathfinder metal associations such as lead, molybdenum, bismuth, with gold mineralisation1 associated within a large potassic alteration zone2."

I think we may well get a separate update about the Julimar zone leases but it might not be immediately which is fine.

This discovery and the subsequent hype around that area will have caught a few off guard and has unfortuanetly over shadowed and perhaps a little obscured what was a very significant and promising announcement from the company regarding Basin Creek.

This Basin Creek is a really big deal and the facts and clues are all there in the fine print.

They have collected often quite high grade rock chip at surface over a large area of land that was previously unknown as gold baring.

They are hinting this may extend over 4 km in strike. They wouldn't mention this if they didn't think this was likely.

And drawing tell tale ground chemistry data that draws strong similarities to known large scale local gold systems.

These path finder metal similarities on top of what has already been found basically by walking around chipping off and picking up surface rocks give me the impression that we have in all likelihood made a significant find here. This Gold at surface comes from somewhere and its widespread.

So to me NSW gold has and should remain the main game for the time being.

We can let Chalice define more of their prospect in Julimar and pick up valuable data as to where their deposit is trending. We will get a better insight than any other neighbors as we share a lunchroom with the Chalice guys.

The more they do and the more they discover the easier it is for DEV to know where to progress with its Julimar prospects.

But for now the focus is rightly on the NSW gold.

I don't know what the current yet to be announced Junee holes have or will prove, but Im pretty certain we have a near certain thing now at Basin Creek. A green field gold discovery wedged between majors. This could be really quite massive.

Thats perhaps why we haven't had any word yet about Julimar....management want us to see the significance of the Basin Creek announcement just days ago first.

Go back and have a read it really is very good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.015(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $61.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 14.0¢ 12.5¢ $214.9K 1.646M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 188906 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 67255 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.02pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.