EDV 1.17% $5.05 endeavour group limited

"... harnesses lightning speed ...'' Now, that's beautiful...

1. 627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    "... harnesses lightning speed ...''

Now, that's beautiful words. Wouldn't you talk like that if you were a MD? A lightning fast pink robot going to Liquorland stores and IGA etc. checking prices? Probably not, but some data mining program on their websites. And when that happens, the competition won't sit still. I am not sure if they are ahead already.

At Dan's such a system will be used to lift prices if they think they unjustifiably too low to competition, and in some cases lower prices depending on their targeted "basket composition", e.g. no need to lower a price when most items are competitively priced and just a few are dearer - since for those few dearer bottles the customer is not driving somewhere else to chase a lower price.

At BWS, prices are generally not that competitive since BWS follows a 'corner shop - pricing model', meaning the customer pays a few dollars more for the convenience. ... and fair enough, given individual retail space and cost efficiencies are smaller.

Why am I writing this? I remember vaguely a few ago the management of KOGAN announcing that they had a ton of the data gathered from their website, such as number of searches, what was searched, how often something was searched, what searches resulted in sales, how long it took from search to to sale and payment, how many searches were abandoned, how long a customer idled around on a website etc. etc. They would also be able to model from there rising sales, peak sales, things going out of fashion, etc. etc.

... and then they had too much stock, and the SP fell quite a bit. ... Musta been the computer system ... says the cynic in me. But then I am not an MD.

I am writing this, because I don't buy those magic stories ('lightening speed'). Then, I did not buy (the stock), and now neither.

Good luck to everyone, ... and you can never have to much stock of alcohol either

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.05
Change
-0.060(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.044B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.14 $5.04 $19.61M 3.864M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 55684 $5.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.06 45050 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.