AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Fabrication Agreement with Earth Mountain, page-733

1. 2,571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2602
    From 2021 AR:

"... 27. Commitments
    The subsidiary company, Audio Pixels Limited of Israel has entered into various purchase orders and commitments of $258,841 (2020: $122,808) with various strategic partners which will become payable once qualified products are delivered to the company.

On 17 December 2021, the Consolidated entity announced to the Australian Stock Exchange Limited that it had entered into an agreement with Earth Mountain (Shanghai) Intelligent Technology Co, Limited to mass produce Audio Pixels’ transformational digital loudspeaker products. ..."

From Dec 17 Announcement:

"... EM is expected to commence volume production of our digital MEMS speaker within the first quarter of 2022. Under the terms of the agreement EM is guaranteeing AKP long-term resilient supply of tens of millions of digital loudspeaker chips per year. ..."

I came a cross a comment elsewhere that talked about a capacity for 50m /yr. I would not be surprised to see this expand substantially if the prospect of selling far higher quantities became clear. I would also not at all be surprised to see AP spread its risks globally by getting the chip manufactured in other FABS as well as by EM in China. In fact I would be very pleased to see exactly that!

In 2015 Danny Lewin estimated that the advantages of the chip should see its market share grow to maybe 15% of all speakers sold globally.
    I would not be surprised to see it go higher than that, because the advantages are so desirable (in a world desperate to reduce power consumption) that I would not be surprised to see it over 50-60% (just a guess), if it can meet the demand.

From 2015 Market Overview presentation by Danny Lewin
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4228/4228366-882ffc360f62e357a0dcb87df8f31ee2.jpg

But, and it is a very big but! Even in 2015 AP's 15% share target market was estimated to be around 3.3 Billion chips per year
    3.3 Billion CHIPS PER YEAR!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4228/4228375-86e909d8e4568f5ee596e39b696b8818.jpg

So once again I have to ask, if you can actually find ways to manufacture all the chips you need to meet that demand why would you sell to a third party so they can reap all that profit? What would you do with the money you would get from selling the company and its IP? Where could you invest it better than where it is now?

GLTAH! DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.