CTP 0.00% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

Buddy,You referred to the first $60M of the CTP/Total JV...

1. 502 Posts.

Buddy,
    You referred to the first $60M of the CTP/Total JV expenditure and claimed that Total could spend $12M per year over 4 years. (i.e. their 80% of phase 1 expenditure)

==> That is incorrect. (Listen to Cottees interview ... he expects to spend Total's initial phase 1 funding of $48M in the first 18 months of the JV whereafter CTP needs to stump up its share being $12M))

Then you said: "... And, what you also seem to miss, is the fact that, "Total is required to fund 80% of exploration and appraisal costs OVER FOUR YEARS". That expenditure is over a 4 years period, not immediately, and that is what I have said as well. ..."

==> I have not missed that at all ... Here's an extract of my follow-on post where I spell out my understanding of the financial commitmments by both parties over the initial 4 year term of the JV ...

(see post number 8752939):

"... Here's the way I read the CTP/Total JV announcement in relation to funding commitments.

1. The 3 phase exploration program runs over 4 years

2. The JV (Total 80% + CTP 20%) share the costs of this exploration program on an 80:20 basis:

Phase 1: Total pays first $48M then CTP has to kick in $12M

Phase 2 and 3: Total pays $104 and CTP pays $26M (unlike Phase 1, no information on the order of the JV partners meeting these expenditure commitments is provided)

So CTP is covered, expenditure-wise, for the first $48M of the expenses it incurs in proving up those leases (that includes salaries and on-costs as well as 2D, 3D seismic, drilling costs etc etc i.e. ANYTHING we spend in relation to exploration on those leases - including pro-rated Cottee, Hallgren, Ambrose salaries etc) ...."

==> Finally, Buddy, you need to recognise the significance of the CTP Operatorship for the first 4 years ....

That means that CTP dictates the pace of exploration and the timing of any seismics and drills ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $18.72K 359.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 401812 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 779869 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.