FBR 8.89% 4.9¢ fbr ltd

I am ex-EY Advisory There's no room left for organic growth in...

1. 207 Posts.
    I am ex-EY Advisory

There's no room left for organic growth in consultancy, so the big players are growing through acquisition. This also allows them to consult to companies they audit (getting around Sarbanes-Oxley).

EY Advisory has acquired a number of consulting firms including C3 and Parthenon. I was around for the C3 take over, but left before Parthenon was integrated.
    The way these acquisitions generally work - EY "buys" the firm out, gives partnership spots to the directors of Parthenon, Parthenon team moves into the EY building, cross brands (EY-Parthenon) and shares IP/ methodologies. The Parthenon directors keep their customer base and operate in different sectors to EY-Advisory so they don't cannibalise.

I read above that EY will take a % cut of the biz in exchange for services? Not the case in my 4 years there, but maybe EY-P does it differently. For the services outlined in the ann, you're looking at a blended daily rate of well over 2k (depending on resourcing mix and geographies - eg ppl flying out west from Syd/Mel/Intl). Regardless, EY-P will cost FBR $.

But, FBR will get what they pay for.

The professionalism and experience these big consultants bring to the table will hold credence in strategic go to market, gaining attention in boardrooms, procurement decisions etc.
    FBR also get connections to market leading experts (SMEs) who have launched disruptive technologies in similar spaces to review the business model and advise.
    FBR will also have access to the people who write EY Thought Leadership - industry documents published quarterly by EY egg-heads about market conditions etc across a number of industries (including construction). Full of genuinely insightful, useful info on emerging market, market trends. These guys are accomplished, smart, insightful people, exactly who you want advising your Executives.

GM Ops, CFO and EY-P in less than a month... looks to me like HX is being painted and ready to launch soon.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.004(8.89%)
Mkt cap ! $234.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 5.1¢ 4.4¢ $707.1K 14.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 891433 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 308117 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.