FBR 0.00% 4.6¢ fbr ltd

Hi all I have been very interested in finding out more about...

1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Hi all I have been very interested in finding out more about this robot and its history.
    The lack of information has always concerned and baffled me.
    So last week I tracked down the other person named on the original Patent.
    This is a chap in WA “Michael Barrington Wood” he was surprisingly easy to track down.
    He was a very interesting person to talk with and happy to pass on his insight in to the robot, how it works and the history of its design, and construction.
    Basically there is a working unit in Perth, the pictures you see, (that people have commented in the past are photo shopped,) are in fact the real machine. As he pointed out it is Big, very big and because of its size not easily photographed.
    The original robot was/is mounted on a 25 ton CAT excavator, it was done this way simply because it was easy to do as a proof of technology. As he put it the second hand 25 ton Cat excavator was cheap in comparison to the rest of the project.
    The stability of the arm and the way it stops sway at the tip of the laying head is in fact the real crux of the robot and the patent. The boom on the robot is 30m long….
    This mechanism is very accurate and could be used in many other machines that require stable tip/working head operation when they are suspended 30m+ from the fixed base.
    I was dumbfounded at some of the ideas and concepts that had already been thought of. It was truly amazing stuff, a lot of it went over my head but I got the basics and there is more to this story than just brick laying.
    These guys have in the past, worked through all the problems, I talked about all the issues that had been brought up recently by “HHanzo” there was a solution for all of them, this has been a well-conceived project. The only negative Michael brought up was its size, but he believed that this was exactly what Mark was sorting out in the new concept, he too, had only seen pics of the new model, but he believed what Mark had planned was a great solution.
    The background of Hadrian and the “BrickBot” was very interesting.
    The robot was first thought up by Michael Wood and Mark Pivac, back in 2005 and with the help of a third player Andrew Whitton they setup the company called Hadrian and did a small capital raising.
    The big corporate shareholder, that people have made mention of on this site in the past, got on board then, they have been with the project since day 1.
    Mike Pivac is a new player and the cousin of Mark Pivac, Mike Pivac didn’t have anything to do with the original robot, but is involved in the current public company as a director.
    Michael Wood has nothing to do with the current public company, other than being a shareholder, he is involved in another very well-known Australian company and I don’t think really wants to do any more than be a shareholder in FBR.
    He has produced lots of products, designs and patents, and I have to say I was amazed at how prolific he had been over a 30 year career, in fact I have three of his products in my backyard working as we speak. I get the impression he has moved on to other pastures and new ideas
    My personal opinion was that this guy was the ideas man, it’s a shame he is still not there, but that’s life, one thing I did glean from my conversation was that Mark Pivac the other inventor was a very highly skilled and clever engineer. In Michaels Words “if anyone is going to get this working 100% it will be Mark, he is a very smart guy”
    So my opinion has changed dramatically I am going to hang in there with FBR and wait and see, to me as a lay man it looks to be exactly what the prospectus said, a real game changer, so I am going to punt on it I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $205.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $327.8K 7.022M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 569244 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 54026 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.