X64 0.00% 57.0¢ ten sixty four limited

The company's announcement was unusual. Blaming the unfortunate...

1. 361 Posts.
    The company's announcement was unusual. Blaming the unfortunate victim presumably before a full enquiry?

it almost smacks of frustration and irritation from the management not just trying to deflect blame. Like they have made huge fforts to train and educate workforce but they just don't get it/listen. I just looked back at May's presentation, look at page 4. Clearly, following the fatality at the beginning of the year, they have double checked all their practices and have increased their efforts on safety and training and then this, another fatal accident. Dreadful for the individual, tragic for the family, embarrassing and frustrating for the company. Also potentially disastrous for the business. I am surprised that after 2 fatalities in such a short space of time operations are not suspended pending a full independent enquiry, such as KRM has had to endure in Indonesia. Luckily , for shareholders, the Philipino authorities are not so bothered.

We will never know the full details of this tragedy. It does seem that the company takes H&S very seriously and it has done great things for the local economy and community. I just hope there is a long accident free run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add X64 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.